Saturday, January 31, 2009

John teams up with Anurag again


If you thought director Anurag Kashyap and John Abraham were off each other after NO SMOKING think again. After zeroing in on two major productions DEV D and a project on the comic series DOGA, Kashyap has signed John Abraham for BOMBAY VELVET.

Kashyap said, ’'John’s character is based on a real life hero of the masses from the 1960s. It’s a thriller based on real incidents. The idea was developed over the last four years with inputs from several renowned individuals including history professor Gyan Prakash.’’

Kashyap said, ’'I haven’t worked with this kind of a budget before. I want to be sure of the script. After NO SMOKING, John and I want to make sure our film is accessible to the audience. I analyzed myself and now I know where I had gone wrong with my earlier films. I am working on my weak points. I tend to get repetitive. So I have two writers who criticized me the most for NO SMOKING scripting BOMBAY VELVET.’’ BOMBAY VELVET will be produced by TV 18. The film will also star Naseeruddin Shah and Kay Kay Menon.

Currently Kashyap has his hands full with DEV D, which he perceives as a bridge between Saratchandra Chatterjee’s ’Devdas’ and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s DEVDAS. ’'I connected newspaper stories to the character of Devdas to explore the things that motivate today’s youth,’’ said Kashyap.

About his relationship with DEV D’s actress Kalki, he said, ’'I’m very happy with Kalki. She has brought great stability to my life. Our relationship started with DEV D. I want her in my life but not necessarily in all my films.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

Site photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://telugu-cinema-stills.blogspot.com/ only points to various links on the internet that already exist. Author wont take responsible for any controversis over photos are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article or photos please contact author by EMAIL @ telugufilmreviewsATGMAIL.com.